Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

A birthday to remember.

Who ever said turning 30 sucks??
Maybe it's the Tuscan sun, or the fact we've been married a week, or the overload of delicious food and wine - but so far turning 30 is just fabulous. I really wasn't expecting any kind of surprises for my birthday, being that I'm on the other side of the world, but Shannon had been planning sneakily behind my back for quite some time...


We were so excited to get to La Maeste Agriturismo and meet Rosalinde yesterday. She collected us from the train station and we drove to her beautiful home where we were to spend the next week. I had some lovely surprises in the morning before we left home with presents from special people and a phone call home to mum, that arriving in Tuscany the day I turned 30 was the icing on the cake.

Shannon and I are staying in a separate house from the rest of the farmhouse a little way up the hill for a few days, then we will move down to an apartment on the farmhouse grounds. The little house is just lovely...doors and windows that open up to the Tuscan country side..well words really can't describe just how beautiful it is so have a look for yourself....


So...we settled in and headed to the main house for dinner...Rosalinda had some family staying who also joined us for dinner including her lovely mother who lives with her and two other Australian guests coincidentally also "Walsh's". We had a delicious 3 course dinner that included local wines...then..all of a sudden the lights go out. I think the power's gone out, until I see Rosalinda and a huge cake loaded with candles heading my way. How lovely! I was so surprised...Shannon and Rosalinda had been in kahootz for some time. What a wonderful husband and lovely hostess. And the cake....wow....amazing! Layer upon layer of delicious light pastry and cream...topped with a pink 30 candle for me to keep. Why stop there? Champagne...Limoncello...and the night rolled on... It was so nice to be able to have a little celebration for my 30th while being so far from home. It is certainly a birthday I will always remember and wonderful memories to cherish.



No comments:

Post a Comment